Effective Tips for Choosing Gaming Laptops You Must Know
Today, many people use laptops to play games. Various types of gaming laptops we often encounter in some computer stores.
Usually gaming laptops have a relatively expensive price with specifications that are arguably suitable for playing games. Through the following article, I will share tips on how to choose a gaming laptop correctly.
Many people claim that for gaming, it is better to use a PC than a laptop. I think this assumption is not wrong, considering that the PC itself has many advantages in gaming rather than laptops, one of the advantages that a PC has is its ease in upgrading computer hardware.
Having a gaming laptop does not have to be expensive. If you know what things need to be considered when you want to buy a gaming laptop, it is possible that you can get a gaming laptop at a low price. Okay, here are the things that need attention.
How to choose a gaming laptop?
1. Pay attention to the VGA chipset series, not the large VGA memory
Mistakes that are often made when people want to buy a gaming laptop that is more attention to the amount of memory on VGA or VRAM than the chipset series on the VGA. Though what needs to be considered is the chipset series, not the memory size. Different in terms of graphic design, VRAM is very important but in gaming it is not needed.
To make it easier to choose VGA that is right for gaming, pay attention to the chipset series. Suppose NVIDIA GeForce GT 720M, how to read it as follows:
• The first digit shows its generation, meaning that the VGA is the seventh generation
• The second and third digits indicate the grade level or performance, the higher the number the better the VGA performance.
• The most important are the second and third digits, for example Nvidia GeForce GT 720M is performing below the Nvidia GeForce GT 635M but the GT 635M technology is more sophisticated because the generation is newer. The VGA chipset series that I made the example above is a mobile version of the VGA chipset, not the desktop version.
2. Don’t ignore the role of the processor
Many people prioritize VGA over the Processor when they want to buy a gaming laptop. They tend to choose VGA that is very good in performance but not balanced with a good processor.
This is not wrong, but it should be noted that the role of the processor cannot be considered one eye again, because more and more games are doing various complex calculations on the processor.
In addition, the number of cores / cores that are owned by the processor can lighten the rendering process carried out by VGA. I recommend choosing a laptop with a non ULV processor, because ULV series processors are not good for gaming.
3. The amount of RAM a laptop has
The greater the RAM capacity of a laptop, the smoother the multitasking process will be. Do not be too busy with RAM clock speed because the average game currently prioritizes RAM capacity rather than RAM clock speed.
4. Pay attention to hard disk capacity
Make sure the hard disk capacity is at least 500GB. If you have more funds, there’s no harm in upgrading it to be even bigger.
It should also be noted, upgrading the hard disk is not only to increase storage capacity, but also to increase laptop performance.
5. Select a laptop that can be upgraded
Although not all components on the laptop can be upgraded. Try to choose a laptop that supports component upgrades such as RAM and hard disk.
By upgrading components, it can improve performance on a laptop. The component that is mainly upgraded is RAM and the second is the hard disk.